How do I get my gas turned back on?
- Once PG&E crews have received permission from first responders to enter an area, they begin assessments of gas infrastructure.
- Assessments may begin immediately and are typically completed within 24 hours.
- The pipeline system must be purged to remove any air before natural gas is resupplied to the line and then safely delivered to homes or businesses.
- The purging process requires a site visit by a gas technician to access the gas meter.
- PG&E workers must then visit every home or business a second time to turn the meter on, conduct safety checks and relight pilot lights for safe operation. Customers for each location must be present for this to occur.
- Local law enforcement determines when areas may be repopulated.
- If you return to your property and do not have gas service, call PG&E at 1-800-743-5000. We will work to relight your service as quickly as possible.
- Learn more.