SolanoCountyRecovers: The official website for wildfire response and recovery.

FAQ Topic: Financial Assistance

Where can I get free food?

There are weekly drive-thru style distributions in locations throughout Contra Costa and Solano counties. You can pick up a box of nonperishable food and a bag of produce for each household. You do not need to be a resident of the city with the distribution to receive food. Learn more.

How do I apply for cash assistance through CalWorks?

The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program is a cash assistance program that provides temporary help for eligible families with (or expecting) children. If a family has little or no cash and needs housing, food, utilities, clothing or medical care, they may be eligible to receive immediate short-term help.  Families that apply … Continued

Does my homeowners insurance help with evacuation and recovery expenses?

Yes; many homeowners are unaware that they may have coverage under their homeowners’ and renters’ insurance policies to help them with evacuation and recovery expenses. Additional living expense coverage, known as ALE, typically includes food and housing costs, furniture rental, relocation and storage, and extra transportation expenses. Learn more.

How do I apply food stamps?

CalFresh is California’s food stamps (SNAP) program. Apply to get up to $194 a month per household member. Learn more and apply online in 10 minutes.

How do I apply for unemployment?

If you are out of work or have had your hours reduced, you may be eligible to receive unemployment benefits. Learn more and apply online. If you’re not eligible for unemployment, you may be eligible for Disability Insurance, Paid Family Leave, or Non-industrial Disability Insurance.

Close window