SolanoCountyRecovers: The official website for wildfire response and recovery.

FAQ Topic: Vital Documents & Mail

How do I change my address with the post office?

You can submit a permanent change-of-address request so your mail is properly rerouted to your new address. If you’re only relocating for a short time to visit your second home or do an extended stay with relatives, submit a temporary change-of-address request so you can receive your mail while you’re away for 15 days up … Continued

How do I put a hold on my mail?

USPS can hold your mail safely at your local Post Office™ facility until you return, for up to 30 days. To hold your mail longer or to reroute your mail, please sign up for a forwarding service. You can make your request up to 30 days in advance or as early as the next scheduled delivery day. … Continued

How do I get my mail?

The United States Postal Service is providing mail pick up for those displaced by wildfires. You can pick up your mail at the Fairfield Main Post Office at 600 Kentucky St. Hours for pick-up only are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to noon. Customers are requested to provide … Continued

How do I get a copy of my State tax return?

You may be able to obtain a free copy of your California tax return. Request a copy of your tax return by submitting a Request for Copy of Tax Return (Form FTB 3516). Learn more.

How do I get a new social security card?

You can replace your social security card online. If you have questions or need help understanding how to request your replacement Social Security card online, call 1-800-772-1213. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, call our toll-free TTY number, 1-800-325-0778, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Close window