SolanoCountyRecovers: The official website for wildfire response and recovery.

Document Replacement and Mail Delivery

While much of our world is online, there are still a few papers in our life that matter. Here are some resources to help you replace those important documents.


The United States Postal Service is providing mail pick up for those displaced by wildfires. You can pick up your mail at the Fairfield Main Post Office at 600 Kentucky St. Hours for pick-up only are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to noon. Customers are requested to provide photo ID for mail pick up.

If you are unable to retrieve your mail, you may request a Temporary Mail Hold or an Address Change

For more information visit the USPS Service Alerts webpage.

Driver license, vehicle registration or certificate of title

You can get replacement documents from the DMV online

Birth/death/marriage certificates

Copies of these documents may be requested online, by mail, or in person. For more information, call (707) 784-6294 or email [email protected].

The California State Governor has temporary suspended the imposition of fees with regard to any request for copies of certificates of birth, death, marriage, and dissolution of marriage records, by any individual who lost such records as a result of these fires.  Such copies will be provided without charge.

Learn more.

Social security card

You can replace your social security card online. If you have questions or need help understanding how to request your replacement Social Security card online, call 1-800-772-1213. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, call our toll-free TTY number, 1-800-325-0778, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

State tax return

You may be able to obtain a free copy of your California tax return. Request a copy of your tax return by submitting a Request for Copy of Tax Return (Form FTB 3516). Learn more.

Titles to deeds

You can request copies of official documents from the Solano County Assessor Recorder’s office in-person or by mail. You’ll need to provide the following information:

  • Title of the Document
  • Names of the parties on the document
  • Document Number and/or Book and Page
  • Recording Date

This information can be researched on our website. The website provides the document number, date of recording, number of pages, document description (title) and grantor/grantee names.

For more information, call (707) 784-6290.

Learn more.

U.S. Passports

You can apply for a new passport online. Visit the State department's website.

Green Cards

If you are a permanent resident who needs to replace your green card or a conditional resident who needs to replace your two-year green card for any of the reasons listed below, you may begin the application process for a replacement green card by:

If you are outside the U.S. and have lost your green card, contact the nearest U.S. consulate, USCIS office or port of entry before attempting to file a Form I-90. If your Form I-90 application is approved, you will be mailed a replacement green card with a 10-year expiration date from the date it is issued.

Learn more.

Close window